Man dies after Jeep crashesSeptember 16,2013Man dies after Jeep crashes
MOUNT HOLLY — A Rutland man died after crashing an SUV on Sunday morning.
Police said that shortly before 3 a.m., Jared T. Alexander, 33, was driving north on Route 103 in a 2001 Jeep Wrangler when he went off the east side road of the road and hit a tree.
Alexander was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where he died from his injuries, police said.
Police said Alexander was not wearing his seat belt.
It is not known if speed or alcohol contributed to the crash, which remains under investigation, said Vermont State Police Lt. Chuck Cacciatore.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.