Man dies after Jeep crashesSeptember 16,2013Man dies after Jeep crashes
MOUNT HOLLY — A Rutland man died after crashing an SUV on Sunday morning.
Police said that shortly before 3 a.m., Jared T. Alexander, 33, was driving north on Route 103 in a 2001 Jeep Wrangler when he went off the east side road of the road and hit a tree.
Alexander was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where he died from his injuries, police said.
Police said Alexander was not wearing his seat belt.
It is not known if speed or alcohol contributed to the crash, which remains under investigation, said Vermont State Police Lt. Chuck Cacciatore.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.