Man dies after Jeep crashesSeptember 16,2013Man dies after Jeep crashes
MOUNT HOLLY — A Rutland man died after crashing an SUV on Sunday morning.
Police said that shortly before 3 a.m., Jared T. Alexander, 33, was driving north on Route 103 in a 2001 Jeep Wrangler when he went off the east side road of the road and hit a tree.
Alexander was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where he died from his injuries, police said.
Police said Alexander was not wearing his seat belt.
It is not known if speed or alcohol contributed to the crash, which remains under investigation, said Vermont State Police Lt. Chuck Cacciatore.MORE IN This Just InMIDDLEBURY — The Bryce Dance Company revealed its diversity Sunday at Town Hall Theater,... Full StoryFAIR HAVEN -- Police said a Fair Haven man shot and killed himself after two traffic stops early... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.