Okemo ski community obtains Act 250 approvalSeptember 16,2013Planned Okemo
village gets permit
LUDLOW — The District 2 Environmental Commission issued an Act 250 permit Friday to Timber Creek and five other partners to build a 208-unit village at Okemo Mountain Resort in Ludlow.
The permit will allow the developers to build 22 single-family homes, 32 duplex buildings, nine townhouse condominiums, a base lodge for homeowners, two ski lifts, seven ski trails, access roads, parking lots and a community water system. The proposed development will be situated on 268 acres, which includes the Carnes Parcel and the Miller Tract in Ludlow, and the proposed residential recreational community will be a private access development. The owners and guests will have access to Okemo ski trials and amenities and there will be no public access, according to the applicants.
The partners submitted the Act 250 permit application in October 2012.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.