Okemo ski community obtains Act 250 approvalSeptember 16,2013Planned Okemo
village gets permit
LUDLOW — The District 2 Environmental Commission issued an Act 250 permit Friday to Timber Creek and five other partners to build a 208-unit village at Okemo Mountain Resort in Ludlow.
The permit will allow the developers to build 22 single-family homes, 32 duplex buildings, nine townhouse condominiums, a base lodge for homeowners, two ski lifts, seven ski trails, access roads, parking lots and a community water system. The proposed development will be situated on 268 acres, which includes the Carnes Parcel and the Miller Tract in Ludlow, and the proposed residential recreational community will be a private access development. The owners and guests will have access to Okemo ski trials and amenities and there will be no public access, according to the applicants.
The partners submitted the Act 250 permit application in October 2012.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.