Vermonters to get first look at Captain PhillipsTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS | September 19,2013WILLISTON — Vermonters will have a chance to get a first look at the movie “Captain Phillips,” about the Vermont cargo ship captain who spent five days as a hostage of Somali pirates.
The public screening is planned for Oct. 1 at 7:30 p.m. at the Majestic 10 Cinemas in Williston, 10 days before its national release.
Captain Richard Phillips of Underhill reportedly plans to attend.
The movie is adapted from his 2011 memoir about the April 2009 ordeal.
In the movie, Tom Hanks plays Phillips, who was rescued by Navy SEALs after five days as hostage on a lifeboat.
The sneak preview is a benefit for a fund created in honor of Sarah Ramsey, a Champlain College graduate, who died in June.
Tickets cost $20.MORE IN Vermont NewsDVHA Commissioner Mark Larson told lawmakers Tuesday of a second privacy breadh on Vermont Health... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation