Greta S. RomaniaSeptember 19,2013Greta S. Romania
LANDING, N.J. — On September 17, 2013, Greta Streeter Romania left this earth.
She was born June 28, 1931, at Bennington Hospital in Vermont.
She was raised in Dorset, Vermont.
Greta and her husband, Jerry owned a successful restaurant and hotel, The Pine Cliff Lodge, in Lake Bomoseen, Vt., for many years.
She retired 19 years ago to New Jersey to be closer to her children and grandchildren.
She is survived by her six children: Carrie Crepeault of Landing, N.J., Jerome Romania Jr. of Branchville, N.J., George Romania, Esq., of Cheshire, Conn., Tony Romania of West Hartford, Conn., Tia Marie Delisle of Wayne, N.J., and Carmella Romania of Wayne. N.J. She is also survived by her beloved 11 grandchildren.
A celebration of her life will be held Saturday, Sept. 21, at 11 a.m. at Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church in Fair Haven, Vt.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.