Missing woman found near woodsSeptember 23,2013Missing woman
found near woods
ROCHESTER — Vermont State Police say a 22-year-old Rochester woman who was reported missing Friday has been found.
Police say Jenny Kobbs walked out of some woods Sunday morning in Braintree near the place where she was last seen.
Officials say Kobbs was screened by an emergency crew with White River Ambulance but refused further medical treatment. She was taken to a state police barracks for additional screening.
Kobbs was reported missing after leaving her parents’ home. Police say she was last seen around 1:30 a.m. Friday after talking to a neighbor, but had not been heard from since.
At the time of her disappearance, officials said there were no indications of foul play, but they were concerned she may have had a reaction to a prescribed medication.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.