Missing woman found near woodsSeptember 23,2013Missing woman
found near woods
ROCHESTER — Vermont State Police say a 22-year-old Rochester woman who was reported missing Friday has been found.
Police say Jenny Kobbs walked out of some woods Sunday morning in Braintree near the place where she was last seen.
Officials say Kobbs was screened by an emergency crew with White River Ambulance but refused further medical treatment. She was taken to a state police barracks for additional screening.
Kobbs was reported missing after leaving her parents’ home. Police say she was last seen around 1:30 a.m. Friday after talking to a neighbor, but had not been heard from since.
At the time of her disappearance, officials said there were no indications of foul play, but they were concerned she may have had a reaction to a prescribed medication.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Dutch father of microbiology Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovers the existence of one-celled organisms; in 1967, The Doors are booked to play the Ed Sullivan show; in 1858, freedom fighter Dred Scott dies on this day in St. Louis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.