Berneice L. KelleySeptember 25,2013Berneice L. Kelley
OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss. — Berneice L. Kelley, 75, died Sept. 13, 2013, in Ocean Springs.
She was born Jan. 20, 1938, in Bennington, Vt., the daughter of Marion and Wilbur Mattison.
She lived in Ludlow, Vt., where she was a real estate agent and owned a consignment shop.
She moved to Ocean Springs, Miss., in 2012, and lived with her son, Dana.
Survivors include her children: Dana Kelley, Darren Kelley, Donald Kelley, Denise Dean, Diana Keffer, and Dawn Kelley; her sisters: Elaine Pulver and Betty Burdick; and more than 20 grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a son, Dean Kelley; her longtime companion, Jim Merrill; a brother, Roger Mattison; and a sister, Micky.
A memorial service and burial will be held Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013, at 1 p.m. in Pleasantview Cemetery in Ludlow, Vt.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?