Berneice L. KelleySeptember 25,2013Berneice L. Kelley
OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss. — Berneice L. Kelley, 75, died Sept. 13, 2013, in Ocean Springs.
She was born Jan. 20, 1938, in Bennington, Vt., the daughter of Marion and Wilbur Mattison.
She lived in Ludlow, Vt., where she was a real estate agent and owned a consignment shop.
She moved to Ocean Springs, Miss., in 2012, and lived with her son, Dana.
Survivors include her children: Dana Kelley, Darren Kelley, Donald Kelley, Denise Dean, Diana Keffer, and Dawn Kelley; her sisters: Elaine Pulver and Betty Burdick; and more than 20 grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a son, Dean Kelley; her longtime companion, Jim Merrill; a brother, Roger Mattison; and a sister, Micky.
A memorial service and burial will be held Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013, at 1 p.m. in Pleasantview Cemetery in Ludlow, Vt.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.