Wallace R. WarrenSeptember 25,2013Wallace R. Warren
WINDSOR — Wallace R. Warren, died September 23, 2013.
Wally was born February 6, 1943, in Norwalk, CT, to Irving and Margaret (Myott) Warren.
He moved to Vermont at the age of 4, and entered the U.S. Army at the age of 16. He was honorably discharged in 1963. He married Margaret Stratton on July 17, 1965, at St. Peter’s Church in Rutland.
He worked as a mechanical inspector for most of his career, and retired from Pine Tree Castings in Newport, N.H.
He leaves his wife of 48 years, Margaret, and two children: a son, John Michael and a daughter, Michelle K.W. Wood and her husband, Cliff. He also leaves five grandsons, John, Alex, Justin, Christopher and Dillon; seven brothers-in-law; seven sister-in-laws, and nieces and nephews too numerous to list.
At Wally’s request, there will be no calling hours. Private burial will be at a later date at the Veterans’ Cemetery in Randolph, VT.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.