Police: 17-year-old dumps trash on private property in WindhamSeptember 25,2013WINDHAM — A 17-year-old was cited Sunday for allegedly dumping trash on private property.
According to police, Andrew Dent of Chester disposed alcohol containers and a bag of trash on the side of Popple Dungeon Road in Windham. Dent was identified as the culprit when witnesses saw Dent dispose of the garbage and gave a description of the vehicle he was driving in.
No date has been determined if and when Dent will be arraigned at criminal court in Brattleboro.MORE IN This Just InTORONTO — Pinch-hitter Danny Valencia had a go-ahead, three-run homer in the seventh inning,... Full StoryMan faces counts Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Archaelogists uncover artifacts proving that late neolithic Egyptians, pre-dating the Pyramids of Giza, practiced mummification to prepare their dead for the afterlife, far earlier than presupposed.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.