BURLINGTON — The physicians affiliated with the University of Vermont are getting a new leader.
Dr. Claude Deschamps, currently the chairman of surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, has been named president and chief executive officer of the University of Vermont Medical Group.
Deschamps will also be the senior associate dean for Clinical Affairs at the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
He starts in January.
Deschamps, who is a native of Montreal, has served as the chairman of Mayo’s Department of Surgery since 2005.
As president of the UVM Group, he will lead some 500 physicians at Fletcher Allen and UVM and be a part of both senior leadership teams.
Deschamp will oversee graduate and continuing medical education, and support the development of educational and research opportunities.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation