BURLINGTON — The physicians affiliated with the University of Vermont are getting a new leader.
Dr. Claude Deschamps, currently the chairman of surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, has been named president and chief executive officer of the University of Vermont Medical Group.
Deschamps will also be the senior associate dean for Clinical Affairs at the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
He starts in January.
Deschamps, who is a native of Montreal, has served as the chairman of Mayo’s Department of Surgery since 2005.
As president of the UVM Group, he will lead some 500 physicians at Fletcher Allen and UVM and be a part of both senior leadership teams.
Deschamp will oversee graduate and continuing medical education, and support the development of educational and research opportunities.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.