4 charged with arson in log yard fireSeptember 30,2013HARDWICK — Three 18-year-old men are facing arson charges in connection with a fire that destroyed most of a Vermont log yard.
Police in Hardwick charged Randall Sayers of Woodbury, Hezekiah McCullough of Hardwick and Riley Reagan of Eden with arson, burglary and petty larceny for the July 29 fire at Buffalo Mountain Wood Storage and Transfer in Hardwick.
Police say Sayers, McCullough and a third young man from Hardwick also face petty larceny and burglary charged in connection with a July 5 burglary at the same business.
Business owner Ken Davis told the Caledonian Record that the fire burned about 75 percent of his building, causing $150,000 in damage.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Two fires, one in West Rutland and the other in Middletown Springs, keep firefighters busy, sports and update on robbery at Jenny Wren's in Springfield. 0News Editor Alan Keays, staff writer Darren Marcy and Sports Editor Bob Fredette discuss some of... Full StoryStaff Report Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.