Business group publishes Vt. buy-local bookSeptember 30,2013THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
BURLINGTON — Local First Vermont, a program of the group Vermont Businesses For Social Responsibility, is out again this year with its annual Buy Local Book.
The book is designed to help Vermonters and visitors to the state to learn about locally-owned businesses and what they have to offer. It also contains more than 200 coupons from businesses in Washington, Lamoille, Chittenden, and Addison counties.
VBSR officials say the book has become a popular fundraising tool for schools, as well as an item some employers are giving to workers as a holiday gift.
More information is available at www.localfirstvermont.org or by calling 802-862-8347.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.