Picketers line up outside Paramount in advance of GE CEO talkSTAFF REPORT | October 02,2013Bruce Edwards / Staff Photo
Union members from Fort Edward, N.Y. picket an appearance by GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt in downtown Rutland Wednesday.Union members protesting the pending closure of the Fort Edward, N.Y. General Electric plant picketed the sidewalk in front of the Paramount Theatre in Rutland Wednesday, in advance of an appearance by General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt.
The workers are protesting GE's plan to move work at the New York plant to Clearwater, Fla., by September 2014.
A union statement in advance of the picketing said that there are 178 hourly workers at the Fort Edward plant, represented by Local 332 of the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America (UE), as well as 20 salaried employees.MORE IN This Just InAfter Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday, most shoppers have a head start on... Full StoryMONTPELIER - The Vermont State Police have come up with a form to guide employees on how to... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation