Thrift shop owner chargedOctober 02,2013Thrift shop owner
is facing charges
The owner of a thrift shop in Rutland will appear in court today to answer to a pair of criminal charges, according to city police.
Jon Bilodeau, 44, owner and operator of Sweet Revival on West Street will appear in Rutland criminal court today for arraignment on charges of receiving stolen property and unlawful mischief.
Police say Bilodeau is charged with knowingly receiving jewelry that was stolen during a burglary in the city. After receiving the jewelry, Bilodeau allegedly removed stones from their settings.
Sweet Revival specializes in buying and selling second-hand merchandise including electronics, clothes, jewelry and gold.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.