Man faces felony trespassing chargeOctober 02,2013Man faces felony
BENNINGTON — A local man is facing a felony charge after a woman told police he came into her home Aug. 29 and “trashed” it.
Tylor McDonald, 21, of Bennington, was arraigned in Bennington criminal court Monday on a felony count of unlawful trespass into an occupied home. He pleaded innocent and was released without bail.
In an affidavit, Officer Thalia Hudson of the Bennington Police Department said she went to a woman’s home around 12:35 a.m. Aug. 29 after the woman reported that McDonald had come into her home and flipped over furniture.
The woman told Hudson that McDonald had tried to get into her home but she wouldn’t let him in and told him to leave. However, the back window was open and McDonald was able to get inside.
The woman called a friend for help and the friend also told police she saw McDonald in the house.
According to the woman, McDonald “flipped the furniture over because he was mad.”
McDonald had been served a “no trespass,” order which forbade him from being at the woman’s home July 27.
According to Hudson, McDonald was convicted in March of unlawful trespass onto land, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.