admits 2nd DUI
NEWPORT — The mayor of Newport has pleaded guilty to a second offense of driving while intoxicated.
Paul Monette, 53, was sentenced Tuesday to perform 200 hours of community service.
The Caledonian Record reports that the sentence includes a suspended six-to-18-month term, with two years of probation, a $750 fine, substance abuse screening and possible counseling and treatment.
Monette suffered minor injuries when his vehicle rolled over on Interstate 91 in Barton on July 21.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation