2 men imprisoned after Vt. movie fraud convictionsThe Associated Press | October 03,2013BURLINGTON - The two men behind a $28 million movie fundraising fraud scheme that shortchanged hundreds of Vermonters have started their federal prison sentences.
The Burlington Free Press reports Malcolm "Mac" Parker and Louis Soteriou were scheduled to begin their sentences Tuesday.
On Wednesday, the U.S. Bureau of Prisons inmate locator said the 56-year-old Parker, of Addison, was incarcerated at the Ray Brook Federal Correctional Facility in Ray Brook, N.Y.
The 56-year-old Soteriou, of Middlebury, Conn., was incarcerated at the Fort Devens Federal Medical Facility in Devens, Mass.
Last month Parker was sentenced to 55 months and Soteriou to 84 months.
Over a decade Parker oversaw both the fundraising and filming aspects of a movie project while Soteriou was a silent partner.
Investors lost an estimated $9 million.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.