2 men imprisoned after Vt. movie fraud convictionsThe Associated Press | October 03,2013BURLINGTON - The two men behind a $28 million movie fundraising fraud scheme that shortchanged hundreds of Vermonters have started their federal prison sentences.
The Burlington Free Press reports Malcolm "Mac" Parker and Louis Soteriou were scheduled to begin their sentences Tuesday.
On Wednesday, the U.S. Bureau of Prisons inmate locator said the 56-year-old Parker, of Addison, was incarcerated at the Ray Brook Federal Correctional Facility in Ray Brook, N.Y.
The 56-year-old Soteriou, of Middlebury, Conn., was incarcerated at the Fort Devens Federal Medical Facility in Devens, Mass.
Last month Parker was sentenced to 55 months and Soteriou to 84 months.
Over a decade Parker oversaw both the fundraising and filming aspects of a movie project while Soteriou was a silent partner.
Investors lost an estimated $9 million.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.