Woman accuses man of lewd behaviorOctober 03,2013Woman accuses man
of lewd behavior
BENNINGTON — A local man with an extensive criminal record is being held without bail after he was accused of touching a 44-year-old woman in Bennington on Aug. 22.
Jason Dansby, 31, of Bennington, was arraigned in Bennington criminal court on Sept. 26 for a felony charge of lewd and lascivious conduct. Dansby, who pleaded innocent to the charge, was charged as a habitual offender based on past felony convictions including sexual assault on someone younger than 16 in 2005.
In an affidavit, Detective Anthony Silvestro, of the Bennington Police Department, said he met with a woman Aug. 29 who said she knew Dansby from her church.
The woman said Dansby had kissed her on the lips at the church about a year ago but she had told him that was “not cool.”
More recently, he had contacted her and while she said she made it clear that she didn’t want to be involved with him romantically or sexually, she said he put his hands on her several times while they were at Lake Paran on Aug. 22.
Silvestro said he later learned that Dansby had left the church because he believed “all the women (in the church) wanted him sexually.”
Dansby is currently being held in the Springfield jail.MORE IN This Just InA business development study recommends replacing "shop locally" with "you can find it here." Full StorySaturday's women's basketball game between College of St. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.