Woman accuses man of lewd behaviorOctober 03,2013Woman accuses man
of lewd behavior
BENNINGTON — A local man with an extensive criminal record is being held without bail after he was accused of touching a 44-year-old woman in Bennington on Aug. 22.
Jason Dansby, 31, of Bennington, was arraigned in Bennington criminal court on Sept. 26 for a felony charge of lewd and lascivious conduct. Dansby, who pleaded innocent to the charge, was charged as a habitual offender based on past felony convictions including sexual assault on someone younger than 16 in 2005.
In an affidavit, Detective Anthony Silvestro, of the Bennington Police Department, said he met with a woman Aug. 29 who said she knew Dansby from her church.
The woman said Dansby had kissed her on the lips at the church about a year ago but she had told him that was “not cool.”
More recently, he had contacted her and while she said she made it clear that she didn’t want to be involved with him romantically or sexually, she said he put his hands on her several times while they were at Lake Paran on Aug. 22.
Silvestro said he later learned that Dansby had left the church because he believed “all the women (in the church) wanted him sexually.”
Dansby is currently being held in the Springfield jail.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.