Man charged with DUI 3October 03,2013Local man faces
third DUI charge
WINHALL — Police said a Danby man with two prior charges of drunken driving had a blood-alcohol content three times the legal limit when he was pulled over on Route 30.
George L. Savage Jr., 49, pleaded innocent Monday in Rutland criminal court to a felony charge of drunken driving, third offense, as well as a misdemeanor charge of driving with a suspended license.
Police said they stopped Savage on Route 30 in Winhall for speeding and crossing the double line Saturday night. Police said Savage was slurring his words, slow to respond to questions and had a cold, half-full beer in his cup holder.
Police said a breath test showed Savage had blood-alcohol content of .245, more than three times the legal limit of .08 for driving.
Savage was held in Rutland hail on $2,500 bail until his arraignment Monday. He is now free without bail, but must check in daily with Manchester police for alcohol testing.MORE IN This Just InThe cameras appearing atop some city intersections are a new trigger system for the traffic signals. Full StoryA Hubbardton man charged with murdering two electricians who came to his rental home in February ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.