Man charged with DUI 3October 03,2013Local man faces
third DUI charge
WINHALL — Police said a Danby man with two prior charges of drunken driving had a blood-alcohol content three times the legal limit when he was pulled over on Route 30.
George L. Savage Jr., 49, pleaded innocent Monday in Rutland criminal court to a felony charge of drunken driving, third offense, as well as a misdemeanor charge of driving with a suspended license.
Police said they stopped Savage on Route 30 in Winhall for speeding and crossing the double line Saturday night. Police said Savage was slurring his words, slow to respond to questions and had a cold, half-full beer in his cup holder.
Police said a breath test showed Savage had blood-alcohol content of .245, more than three times the legal limit of .08 for driving.
Savage was held in Rutland hail on $2,500 bail until his arraignment Monday. He is now free without bail, but must check in daily with Manchester police for alcohol testing.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.