Cyclist with ties to Vt dies in Belgium crashThe Associated Press | October 05,2013JERICHO — A U.S. cyclist from Colorado with ties to Vermont has died in an accident while training in Belgium.
The Young Telenet-Fidea Cycling team said 26-year-old Amy Dombroski, a professional cyclocross racer, died Thursday while doing speed training behind a scooter when she collided with a van.
Manager Hans van Kasteren said she was catapulted into the air, thrown 50 meters and died instantly.
Dombroski was a native of Jericho and lived in Boulder, Colo. She won three under-23 cyclocross national titles and moved to Belgium last year to train with her team.MORE IN Wire NewsLOS ANGELES — Astronomers have discovered what they say is the most Earth-like planet yet... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.