Cyclist with ties to Vt dies in Belgium crashThe Associated Press | October 05,2013JERICHO — A U.S. cyclist from Colorado with ties to Vermont has died in an accident while training in Belgium.
The Young Telenet-Fidea Cycling team said 26-year-old Amy Dombroski, a professional cyclocross racer, died Thursday while doing speed training behind a scooter when she collided with a van.
Manager Hans van Kasteren said she was catapulted into the air, thrown 50 meters and died instantly.
Dombroski was a native of Jericho and lived in Boulder, Colo. She won three under-23 cyclocross national titles and moved to Belgium last year to train with her team.MORE IN Wire NewsYARMOUTH, Maine — The number of baby lobsters settling off the rocky coast of Maine continues to... Full StoryJINDO, South Korea — For a moment there is silence in the tent where bodies from the ferry... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.