Murder suspect ruled incompetentOctober 05,2013Murder suspect
BURLINGTON — A doctor has determined that a man accused of killing a Vermont social worker in her Burlington home in 2010 is incompetent to stand trial.
It was the third psychological evaluation for Jose Pazos, who has been found competent and incompetent since he was arrested nearly three years ago.
Pazos has said he is competent to stand trial and to represent himself.
The Burlington Free Press reported that the state said Friday that it will not challenge the latest finding.
Pazos is accused of killing Kathleen Smith on Nov. 9, 2010. Friends of Smith told police he held a grudge against her over a custody dispute involving his child.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation