Police: Man tried to assault officersOctober 05,2013BRATTLEBORO — A Brattleboro man is facing charges after police say he tried to assault two police officers with a brick.
The officers were investigating whether 28-year-old Todd Koshinsky had violated conditions of his release from a previous stalking charge Thursday when police say he became combative.
They say Koshinsky picked up a large brick and tried to hit the two officers. They say he also punched the officers.
Koshinsky and one of the officers were treated for injuries.
Koshinsky is charged with multiple counts of aggravated assault on a police officer, simple assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and violating conditions of release.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.