Man charged with aggravated assault of a police officerOctober 06,2013Staff Report
CHITTENDEN - A local man is expected in court Monday to answer charges after he allegedly struck a state trooper with his car.
Friday night, state police responded to a wooded area between Mountain Top Road and Dam Road for a report of an underage drinking party. As police approached what they described as a large gathering, several people fled on foot and in automobiles.
According to police, one of those drivers was 19-year-old Cody J. Dion, who ignored commands to stop and instead accelerated directly at two police officers. Police said Dion’s car struck the hand of one of the officers as he dove out of the way.
Police said neither trooper was seriously injured.
According to police, Dion then struck a parked police cruiser, causing damage to both vehicles.
Police later found Dion’s car abandoned on Wildcat Road, and found Dion at his home on Dam Road. He was arrested and held in Rutland jail on $25,000 bail.
He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Rutland criminal court on charges of aggravated assault of a police officer and leaving the scene of an accident.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.