Folk and blues fest set for LudlowOctober 09,2013LUDLOW — The first annual Black River Folk and Blues Fest is set for Saturday at the Town Hall Auditorium.
The event put on by the Friends of Ludlow Auditorium is set for 7 p.m. and features four blues and folk music groups.
The four groups are the Chris Kleeman Band, Gypsy Reel, The Break Maids, and Rusty Belle.
“I don’t think we’ve ever seen this great a collection of talented folk and blues musicians on the same stage for the same performance in my memory,” program director Bruce Farr said in a release announcing the event.
Tickets for the event can be bought online at www.fola.com or in Ludlow at the Peoples United Bank, The Book Nook, The Wine and Cheese Depot, and at the door.
Tickets are $15 per person.
For more information, go to www.fola.us or call 228-7239.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.