Folk and blues fest set for LudlowOctober 09,2013LUDLOW — The first annual Black River Folk and Blues Fest is set for Saturday at the Town Hall Auditorium.
The event put on by the Friends of Ludlow Auditorium is set for 7 p.m. and features four blues and folk music groups.
The four groups are the Chris Kleeman Band, Gypsy Reel, The Break Maids, and Rusty Belle.
“I don’t think we’ve ever seen this great a collection of talented folk and blues musicians on the same stage for the same performance in my memory,” program director Bruce Farr said in a release announcing the event.
Tickets for the event can be bought online at www.fola.com or in Ludlow at the Peoples United Bank, The Book Nook, The Wine and Cheese Depot, and at the door.
Tickets are $15 per person.
For more information, go to www.fola.us or call 228-7239.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.