Mee to headline CSC homecomingOctober 10,2013Mee to headline
CASTLETON — Local folk singer and songwriter James Mee will return to Castleton State College to headline the 2013 Homecoming and Family Weekend with a live music performance Oct. 19.
Mee has performed in concerts in more than 30 states, and opened for some of the biggest names in acoustic music, such as Arlo Guthrie, Tom Rush and Shawn Colvin.
Mee is also a children’s songwriter and he has played at some of America’s best venues, including The Bottom Line, Club Passim and Mays Chapel.
Mee’s homecoming performance will begin at 3:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Informal Lounge, with a cash bar available, and continue until 6 p.m.
Also performing will be the duo Cahill in the Huden Spartan room from 11:30 to 12:45 p.m. Friday and New England guitarist Duane Carleton in the Pavilion from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday.
For a full listing of events please visit castleton.edu/homecoming.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.