Mee to headline CSC homecomingOctober 10,2013Mee to headline
CASTLETON — Local folk singer and songwriter James Mee will return to Castleton State College to headline the 2013 Homecoming and Family Weekend with a live music performance Oct. 19.
Mee has performed in concerts in more than 30 states, and opened for some of the biggest names in acoustic music, such as Arlo Guthrie, Tom Rush and Shawn Colvin.
Mee is also a children’s songwriter and he has played at some of America’s best venues, including The Bottom Line, Club Passim and Mays Chapel.
Mee’s homecoming performance will begin at 3:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Informal Lounge, with a cash bar available, and continue until 6 p.m.
Also performing will be the duo Cahill in the Huden Spartan room from 11:30 to 12:45 p.m. Friday and New England guitarist Duane Carleton in the Pavilion from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday.
For a full listing of events please visit castleton.edu/homecoming.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.