Vt trooper who padded timesheets releasedThe Associated Press | October 12,2013BURLINGTON — A former Vermont State Police sergeant who pleaded guilty to padding his time sheets has been released from prison.
Jim Deeghan served nine months of his two-year sentence after earning reductions for his work camp duty while in prison and because he was a nonviolent offender with no prior record.
Deeghan, a 22-year police veteran, pleaded guilty in January. He recently began paying back the $200,000 he owes the state.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation