Police warn of suspicious manOctober 19,2013Police warn of
SPRINGFIELD — Police are asking for information about a suspicious man who approached a girl at Riverside Middle School on Thursday.
The unidentified man reportedly approached a girl who was in the school’s parking area Thursday afternoon. The girl told police the man asked her questions and she became frightened and fled into the school.
The girl and a witness described the man as being of medium height with short brown hair, a dark-colored hood and outer garments and dark-colored pants.
The man reportedly looked dirty with “ratty-looking’’ clothes.
The man was driving an older model four-door sedan with light brown or tan license plates.
Anyone who was at the middle school between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. Thursday and saw the man is asked to call police at 885-2113.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Julius Caesar dedicates a temple to his mythical ancestor, Venus Genetrix; on this day in 1933, FBI agents in Memphis, Tennessee, arrest Machine Gun Kelly; Yves Rossi flies the English Channel with home-made jet-pack.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1852, Henri Giffard demonstrates the first steam-powered airship, sailing 17 miles from Paris to Trappes; on this day in 1877, Japanese imperial troops crush the Satsuma Rebellion, Saigo Takamori dies in Kagoshima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: U.S. Rep. Peter Welch meets with Killington business owners, governor candidates debate, Gov. Shumlin discusses progress in anti-opiate campaign, Spanos trial venue moves to White River Junction.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1776, as Nathan Hale is hanged by British military authorities for spying, he utters his famous last words — or does he? In 1975, Sara Jane Moore attempts to kill President Gerald R. Ford in San Francisco.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Patrick McArdle reports and the theft of an $89,000 shotgun, police release a video of the Monday Castleton robbery, O'Gorman reports a lawsuit by a local man claiming his vehicle unlawfully seized, police leave him in cold.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.