Police warn of suspicious manOctober 19,2013Police warn of
SPRINGFIELD — Police are asking for information about a suspicious man who approached a girl at Riverside Middle School on Thursday.
The unidentified man reportedly approached a girl who was in the school’s parking area Thursday afternoon. The girl told police the man asked her questions and she became frightened and fled into the school.
The girl and a witness described the man as being of medium height with short brown hair, a dark-colored hood and outer garments and dark-colored pants.
The man reportedly looked dirty with “ratty-looking’’ clothes.
The man was driving an older model four-door sedan with light brown or tan license plates.
Anyone who was at the middle school between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. Thursday and saw the man is asked to call police at 885-2113.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.