THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
NEW YORK ó Microsoft has pulled a Windows update from its website after it caused problems on some customersí devices.
The company didnít give details about the problems but says itís investigating. It removed the RT 8.1 update from the Windows Store during the weekend.
In place of the update, Microsoft posted an apology for the problem and said itís trying to resolve the situation quickly. The company says it will give updates as soon as possible. It says the problem affected only a limited number of users.
The company says RT 8.1 is an operating system for tablets and light, thin personal computers. It only runs built-in apps or apps downloaded from the Windows Store.MORE IN National / World BusinessNEW YORK — Mayor Michael Bloomberg is leaving the nation’s biggest mayoral job with a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation