Facing technical difficulties, UVM extends early application deadlineOctober 22,2013Staff Report
BURLINGTON - The University of Vermont will extend its early application and spring semester application deadline from Nov. 1 to Nov. 11.
The change is due to widely reported technical challenges students and school counselors are experiencing with the new version of the online Common Application.
UVM said its goal is to ensure that students applying to the University of Vermont will not be penalized because of technical problems with the application. Extending the deadline will allow students additional time to work with the new application and avoid the high-volume use that is expected around Nov. 1.
The application fee waiver for students applying early action for fall 2014 admission is still valid
through Nov. 11. Prospective students are also reminded that supporting information for the application - such as transcripts, test scores or letters of recommendation - may be sent after the application deadline.MORE IN This Just In(Editor’s note: This is the first in a five-part series looking into the investigation of the... Full StoryMORETOWN — An invite into the Moretown home of Emily Johnson and Brian Mohr shows that they live... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.