Facing technical difficulties, UVM extends early application deadlineOctober 22,2013Staff Report
BURLINGTON - The University of Vermont will extend its early application and spring semester application deadline from Nov. 1 to Nov. 11.
The change is due to widely reported technical challenges students and school counselors are experiencing with the new version of the online Common Application.
UVM said its goal is to ensure that students applying to the University of Vermont will not be penalized because of technical problems with the application. Extending the deadline will allow students additional time to work with the new application and avoid the high-volume use that is expected around Nov. 1.
The application fee waiver for students applying early action for fall 2014 admission is still valid
through Nov. 11. Prospective students are also reminded that supporting information for the application - such as transcripts, test scores or letters of recommendation - may be sent after the application deadline.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.