Jack O’Lantern clues for todayOctober 23,2013The biggest secret in Rutland each Halloween is the identity of the local Jack O’Lantern parade personality. Students in grades K-6 can submit guesses at their school office or at the city Recreation and Parks Department at the Godnick Center at 1 Deer St.
Guesses must be received by the close of school Friday, with Jack O’Lantern to be revealed at downtown’s Halloween Parade at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Having taught from RMS to college
My first goal is to bring you knowledge.
Began with Tapestry back in ’03
Drama, MOVE camps, and newsletters I’ve brought thee.
Married now with children two,
My husband, also a teacher, is from the county too.
Petunia and Daisy, my cats, not flowers,
With them and my family I love to pass the hours ...
(Final clues coming Thursday.)MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Dutch father of microbiology Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovers the existence of one-celled organisms; in 1967, The Doors are booked to play the Ed Sullivan show; in 1858, freedom fighter Dred Scott dies on this day in St. Louis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.