Jack O’Lantern clues for todayOctober 23,2013The biggest secret in Rutland each Halloween is the identity of the local Jack O’Lantern parade personality. Students in grades K-6 can submit guesses at their school office or at the city Recreation and Parks Department at the Godnick Center at 1 Deer St.
Guesses must be received by the close of school Friday, with Jack O’Lantern to be revealed at downtown’s Halloween Parade at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Having taught from RMS to college
My first goal is to bring you knowledge.
Began with Tapestry back in ’03
Drama, MOVE camps, and newsletters I’ve brought thee.
Married now with children two,
My husband, also a teacher, is from the county too.
Petunia and Daisy, my cats, not flowers,
With them and my family I love to pass the hours ...
(Final clues coming Thursday.)MORE IN This Just InRep. Peter Fagan faces a challenge from James Candon. Full StoryMANCHESTER — Voters will have some choices among an incumbent, a returning veteran, and a few... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.