Jack O’Lantern clues for todayOctober 23,2013The biggest secret in Rutland each Halloween is the identity of the local Jack O’Lantern parade personality. Students in grades K-6 can submit guesses at their school office or at the city Recreation and Parks Department at the Godnick Center at 1 Deer St.
Guesses must be received by the close of school Friday, with Jack O’Lantern to be revealed at downtown’s Halloween Parade at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Having taught from RMS to college
My first goal is to bring you knowledge.
Began with Tapestry back in ’03
Drama, MOVE camps, and newsletters I’ve brought thee.
Married now with children two,
My husband, also a teacher, is from the county too.
Petunia and Daisy, my cats, not flowers,
With them and my family I love to pass the hours ...
(Final clues coming Thursday.)MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.