Jack O’Lantern clues for todayOctober 23,2013The biggest secret in Rutland each Halloween is the identity of the local Jack O’Lantern parade personality. Students in grades K-6 can submit guesses at their school office or at the city Recreation and Parks Department at the Godnick Center at 1 Deer St.
Guesses must be received by the close of school Friday, with Jack O’Lantern to be revealed at downtown’s Halloween Parade at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Having taught from RMS to college
My first goal is to bring you knowledge.
Began with Tapestry back in ’03
Drama, MOVE camps, and newsletters I’ve brought thee.
Married now with children two,
My husband, also a teacher, is from the county too.
Petunia and Daisy, my cats, not flowers,
With them and my family I love to pass the hours ...
(Final clues coming Thursday.)
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.