Vt. teen dies in crash in Mass.October 23,2013Vt. teen dies in
crash in Mass.
ROWE, Mass. — Authorities have identified the victim of a weekend crash in Rowe as a teenager from Vermont.
Officials announced Monday that 18-year-old Nicholas Boyd of Whitingham, Vt., was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash reported at about 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
The Recorder of Greenfield reports that two other occupants of the vehicle were hospitalized. Their names were not made public.
Police said the truck went left the road and crashed into a tree.
No other vehicles are believed to have been involved. The accident remains under investigation.
Rowe is in northwest Franklin County across the state line from Whitingham.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.