Wayne L. Roberts RitesOctober 26,2013Wayne L. Roberts Rites
FAIR HAVEN— The memorial service for Wayne L. “Mike” Roberts, 62, who died Oct. 20, 2013, was held Friday, Oct. 25, at Our Lady of Seven Dolors Catholic Church in Fair Haven.
The Rev. Anthony Pittappillil, pastor of Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church, and the Rev. Marshall Hudson-Knapp, pastor of the First Congregational Church of Fair Haven, officiated.
Organist was Mike DeLuca, and the cantor was Rosie Doran.
Words of remembrance were by Eric Ramey.
Burial followed in Cedar Grove Cemetery in Fair Haven.
Arrangements were by the Durfee Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Our Lady of Seven Dolors Catholic Church, 10 Washington St., Fair Haven, VT 05743.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.