Wayne L. Roberts RitesOctober 26,2013Wayne L. Roberts Rites
FAIR HAVEN— The memorial service for Wayne L. “Mike” Roberts, 62, who died Oct. 20, 2013, was held Friday, Oct. 25, at Our Lady of Seven Dolors Catholic Church in Fair Haven.
The Rev. Anthony Pittappillil, pastor of Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church, and the Rev. Marshall Hudson-Knapp, pastor of the First Congregational Church of Fair Haven, officiated.
Organist was Mike DeLuca, and the cantor was Rosie Doran.
Words of remembrance were by Eric Ramey.
Burial followed in Cedar Grove Cemetery in Fair Haven.
Arrangements were by the Durfee Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Our Lady of Seven Dolors Catholic Church, 10 Washington St., Fair Haven, VT 05743.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.