Wayne L. Roberts RitesOctober 26,2013Wayne L. Roberts Rites
FAIR HAVEN— The memorial service for Wayne L. “Mike” Roberts, 62, who died Oct. 20, 2013, was held Friday, Oct. 25, at Our Lady of Seven Dolors Catholic Church in Fair Haven.
The Rev. Anthony Pittappillil, pastor of Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church, and the Rev. Marshall Hudson-Knapp, pastor of the First Congregational Church of Fair Haven, officiated.
Organist was Mike DeLuca, and the cantor was Rosie Doran.
Words of remembrance were by Eric Ramey.
Burial followed in Cedar Grove Cemetery in Fair Haven.
Arrangements were by the Durfee Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Our Lady of Seven Dolors Catholic Church, 10 Washington St., Fair Haven, VT 05743.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.