Man denies fourth drunken driving offenseOctober 29,2013Man denies
An Orwell man charged with a fourth offense of drunken driving denied the felony charge in court Monday.
Peter Pfenning, 50, pleaded innocent to a charge of DUI 4 which carries a potential maximum penalty of 10 years in jail and a minimum sentence of at least 192 consecutive hours of jail time.
Pfenning, who appeared in court on a citation, remains free on court-ordered conditions that include he not consume or possess alcohol and that he report daily to the Rutland County Sheriff’s Department for alcohol testing.
Pfenning was arrested earlier this month after Vermont State Police said he was seen driving in the wrong lane on Route 7 in Clarendon. Police said Pfenning’s blood-alcohol content was measured at 0.188 percent. The legal limit to operate a motor vehicle in Vermont is 0.08 percent.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.